Pera Premium Properties

Since the beginning of 2009, it has been mandatory for homes to have a certificate of energy efficiency when they are sold or leased.

Logo Certificação Energética e Ar Interior EdifíciosSpeaking to the press, Alexandre Fernandes, Director General of the Agency for Energy, said: "When there is a commercial transaction it is mandatory to present certification in residential buildings", adding that "a well-classified building or housing (A or A+) has, in irs,a deduction increased by 10%, that is, in housing credit, the amounts contracted are increased by 10%. On the other hand, whenever the owner of the building includes renewable energies, 30% of this amount is deductible to the collection in terms of IRS."

Energy Efficiency Certificates must be passed by a technician recognised by the Energy Agency (ADENE). This same agency makes available on its website a Scholarship of Experts with the contacts of 800 technicians qualified to pass these certificates.