The American magazine Forbes considers that the Algarve region is one of the best places in the world to live.
It is not in vain that the North American magazine points to the Algarve as one of the three best places in the world to live (after the pandemic).
- Certainly one of the main highlights is the extremely pleasant climate throughout the year, a true solar paradise in Europe, where winters are mild and unrainy and summers are long and warm, allowing the practice of outdoor activities throughout the year.
- Excellent golf courses make the Algarve a recognized and award-winning world golf destination, where several international events are held every year. Perfect for both amateurs and professionals of this sport;
- Award-winning international beach destination, the Algarve is, above all, known for its beaches. Surrounded by cliffs and extensive sands with calm and crystal clear waters, the Algarve coast is one of the great beauties of Portugal.
- The high safety rates allow you to live in tranquility and quality of life. Known for its social tolerance, Portugal was considered the 4th safest country in the world and the 3rd in Europe in 2021, according to the Global Peace Index;
- The gastronomy of high quality, mediterranean tradition, full of the best fresh products that the sea and land provide us, which can be found in the various local markets and tasted in high quality restaurants. Also noted for wine and regional sweets, which delight those who experience, transforming the stay in the Algarve an unforgettable experience;
The region has a wide range of services,which include numerous sports and leisure activities, such as nautical activities: surfing, canoeing, diving, boattrips, among others. The wealth in historical heritage, secular traditions, cultural initiatives and animation events show that the Algarve has much to offer!
- The cost of living is affordable, the lowest among western European countries. A high quality of life, combined with a low cost of living, make Portugal (and the Algarve) one of the most desired places to live;
- The infrastructures are excellent, include marinas with good mooring capacity, as well as an efficient road network, which allows easy access to the international airports of Lisbon and Faro;
- Hospitality is an open door. With a low population density where the vast majority is multicultural, be surprised by the friendliness of the Algarve people, receive in a welcoming way all who pass through here or who decide to live here permanently.
Destination of excellence